We remain open to provide care for your pets. We are following the direction of government and regulatory authorities and have implemented hospital and visit protocols to keep both you and our team safe. For regular updates on our hours and visit protocols, please follow our social media platforms.
Dr. Vasile Dzsurdzsa, DVM recently joined Campbell River Veterinary Hospital as a full-time veterinarian. In 1991, he graduated from veterinary college in Romania and went on to practice in Hungary and Romania until 2002. Dr. Vasile has since practiced in Ontario for over 15 years. He has a particular interest in soft tissue and orthopedic surgery.
With 28 years of experience, we are happy to announce we are offering his services on a referral basis. Below is a comprehensive list of the orthopedic and soft tissue surgeries he routinely performs:
TPLO (tibial-plateau-levelling osteotomy)
Fracture repair (using DCP/LCP techniques), IM pinning
Accessory third eyelid gland luxation (pocket and periosteal tackle technique)
GI surgeries not limited to GDV, RA, enterotomy
If you feel like your patient could benefit from his services, please complete the referral form below by sending an email to email@example.com or faxing the documents to 250-923-1981. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to give us a call at 250-923-4292.
Due to the close contact that our work requires, we have taken additional measures to protect you and our team while providing care for your furry family members.
The following changes are effective as of Wednesday, March 18, 2020:
1. We are currently operating a "closed waiting room" policy to protect our clients and staff. When you arrive, please remain in your vehicle and use your cell phone to call us at 250-923-4292. We will bring your pet into the hospital for an examination with the veterinarian. The veterinarian will then call you to discuss our recommended treatment plan. After your appointment, a technician will return your pet to your car and take care of any needed medications and payment.
2. We are continuing to accept appointments for urgent or sick pets, as well as time-sensitive puppy/kitten vaccinations. All other services will be scheduled for a later time. However, if you're unsure whether your pet needs medical attention, please call us to discuss your situation.
3. We are still OPEN with the following hours: Monday to Friday 8 am - 5 pm. Our grooming department is closed until further notice.
4. If you are ordering food or medications, please allow 3-5 business days as our suppliers are dealing with increased demand and are trying to fill orders as quickly as possible. We will advise you as soon as your order arrives. Please call us when you arrive to pick up your order, but do not enter the hospital. Our staff will bring your order to your car. You can also use our online store and have your food delivered directly to your home. To sign up for the Online Store, visit our website.
5. For the time being, we are not accepting cash as payment. Credit cards, debit cards, and e-transfer payments are still available.
6. Following the recommendations of our government and medical experts, we are doing our best to practice social distancing within the constraints of our jobs. We have taken these measures to avoid both contracting and facilitating the spread of this disease.
Thank you for helping us be diligent for everyone's safety. As we have heard from all levels of government, the situation is fluid, and any updates will be provided as changes occur.
- Your dedicated team at Campbell River Veterinary Hospital